San Diego, CA 92129 § (858) 480-1290 § firstname.lastname@example.org
Product Management & Marketing
Senior Manager bringing highly competitive products to market and delivering multimillion-dollar, sustainable growth while improving profit margins.
- Define product direction, prioritize initiatives, and drive strategic marketing for measurable impact; collaborate with cross-functional groups at all levels, including sales, quality, operations, and product development.
- Involved in all phases of product lifecycle management from product concept through launch, releases, and obsolescence.
- Excel at building and leading teams, managing critical projects, and ensuring seamless execution on time and in stride with stakeholder expectations; skilled at converting customer requirements and market demands into actionable product roadmaps.
- Leverage strong technical background, relationship building skills, and problem-solving abilities to overcome quality challenges, secure and expand partnerships, and drive strategic account growth.
- Catapulted revenue from $23M to $46M in three years by heading definition and launch of 30 new products, achieving 260% revenue growth with global key accounts, and winning designs with new customers.
- Headed global marketing, roadmap planning, and account development activities for $20M+ product line as well as executed value-added selling strategies, resulting in $5M growth from key accounts with Dell and HP.
- Boosted revenue 14% by growing business with existing customers for $40M product line; negotiated vendor contracts to expand product portfolio and added $4M in new business by creating turnkey reference designs.
- Established new product line pricing model that delivered profit margins of 60%+ as well as captured $125K in additional revenue by rolling out a new distribution pricing scheme.
Peregrine Semiconductor § San Diego, CA (2010 – 2013)
Product Line Manager
Defined product line direction and created roadmap, messaging, and marketing collateral. Led communications for quality issues, NRE programs, and end-of-life announcements. Managed opportunity tracking, program updates, customer engagement, and design-in activities. Interfaced with cross-functional teams. Involved in full product lifecycle.
- Doubled revenue in three years with 26% CAGR and forecasted growth to $60M in 2013; led release of 30 new products in diverse markets, including 4G LTE infrastructure, automotive telematics, and CATV/broadband networks.
- Expanded number of quarterly launches from one to more than six for a $10M revenue impact.
- Partnered with strategic customers in defining requirements for translation into product specifications, achieving 360% growth with Ericsson, 400% growth with Agilent, and 230% growth with Motorola.
- Averted loss of $5M business by coordinating transition of two critical products after flood in Thailand. o Captured $2M+ in annual revenue by landing contract with Sony for a TV tuner switch socket.
- Drove sales enablement by revamping customer presentations/materials based on sales force feedback. » Built and headed a marketing team to handle market research and business justifications for RFIC product line.
- Worked cross-functionally to eliminate gaps for certification of AEC-Q100 automotive grade products, enabling launch of the industry’s first AEC-Q100 automotive RF switch; efforts resulted in $2M design win with BMW.
- Established task force with members from quality, product development, test engineering, process technology, and operations to manage quality-related needs for automotive customers.
Conexant Systems, Inc. § San Diego, CA (2008-2010) Senior Product Line Manager
Held accountability for $40M consumer video product line, including opportunity tracking, revenue forecasts, product promotions, strategic relationships, and roadmapCreated manufacturable turnkey reference designs for customers as an alternative to developing and certifying new products; efforts resulted in new business while reducing time-to-market for customer designs.
- Lifted revenue 14% by gaining new business with customers such as Hauppauge, Avermedia, Kworld, and Yuan.
- Negotiated contracts with third-party vendors to expand product portfolio with the buy and resell of digital demodulators; enabled 35% margin and bundling capability.
- Partnered with engineering and IC design teams to convert market requirements into technical specifications for industry-leading universal digital (OFDM, 8VSB, QPSK, 8PSK) modem for digital systems.
- Drove release of a number of new products, including PCIe and USB video decoders, MPEG encoders, digital channel demodulators (ATCS, DVB-T, DVB-S), and terrestrial tuners.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) § San Diego, CA (2006-2008)
Strategic Alliance Manager
Identified, developed, and oversaw strategic partnerships to drive release of world-class solutions on AMD platforms.
- Tripled digital media partnerships from 4 to 14+ partners within one year.
- Enabled premium content on AMD Home Cinema and media server with Bidirectional OpenCable Receiver (BOCR) devices by establishing strategic partnerships with Cablelabs, NXP, Solekai Systems and Vividlogic.
- Devised platform differentiation strategies for company’s Capture-to-Glass ecosystem.
- Teamed with partners to enhance retail promotion of AMD Live! Ready Solutions at retail outlets with SKUs ranking as 3 of the top 10 selling SKUs in 2006; also drove AMD Live! PC to represent 16% of total US PC sales.
Micronas Semiconductors, Inc. § San Diego, CA (2005 – 2006)
Headed global marketing and account development activities representing $20M+ in revenue for company’s Media Home product line. Managed ISV relationships and handled roadmap planning, competitive analysis, and market research.
- Managed Media Home product line worldwide. Defined and launched new reference designs and managed all account development activities and Independent Software Vendor (ISV) relationships.
- Implemented value-added selling strategies with key accounts and secured a major design win at Dell.
- Conducted roadmap planning, competitive analysis, and market research of various consumer platforms such as Digital Video Recorders (DVR), DVD recorders, and Set-Top Boxes.
Conexant Systems, Inc. § San Diego, CA (1995-2005)
Manager, Product Applications Engineering (2001-2005)
- Managed department budget and set priorities for various engineering projects including software releases, reference designs, and demonstration platforms.
- Built and motivated Product Applications Engineering team to accomplish annual revenue goals of more than $90M.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership qualities, earning promotions and increased levels of responsibility during tenure.
Senior Product Applications Engineer (1995-2001)
- Managed worldwide pre- and post-sales technical support for PCI video decoder product line.
- Pioneered and developed an innovative Digital Video Recorder (DVR) DirectShow application with scheduler and TrueMotion real time compression engine.
- Spearheaded Microsoft engagement to resolve technical issues with WHQL Video capture test suite.
Master of Business Administration University of San Diego § San Diego, CA
- Major in Finance and E-Commerce
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering University of Texas, Austin § Austin, TX
- Major in Computer Engineering
Strategic Account Management
RFICs (RF Switches, Digital Step Attenuators, Mixers PLL, Digitally Tunable Capacitors)
New Product Introduction
Mobile Broadband & Smartphones (3GPP, LTE-A, RF FEM)
Market Research & Analysis
Desktop Computing (CPU, GPU, chipsets)
PRD/MRD & NRE Contract Negotiations
Automotive Telematics (V2V/V2I Communications)