Key takeaways from this table are the following:
- Top 4 rankings remain unchanged. Intel is by far the largest and the gap between 1st and 2nd place is almost 17 billion.
- NVidia slipped 2 notches to end at the bottom of the top 20 list.
- MediaTek has jumped from 22nd last year to 16th this year.
- Qualcomm is the biggest fabless company ($13.2 Billion). A distant second is Broadcom at $7.8 Bilion, followed by AMD and Mediatek.
- 8 out of 20 are US companies. 4 out of 20 are European companies. 3 out of 20 are Taiwanese companies, only one of them is not a foundry.
- Qualcomm Is Best in Class, But Concerns Loom (fool.com)
- Tegra sales down 54%, analysts tell NVIDIA that they should sell the business to someone (androidbeat.com)
- The Tablet Chip Wars Heat Up (fool.com)